Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm no kin to the monkey!

We had a memorial service for my mom last Sunday in the town where I grew up. (She died in January.)

One of the anecdotes that gained a lot of traction was the story of my mom teaching us sunday school kids the song, "I'm no kin to the monkey." Here's how the chorus goes...

I'm no kin to the monkey
The monkey's no kin to me
I don't know much about your ancestors
But mine didn't swing from a tree

My mom was a passionate, fervent, unwavering Christian from the day she was born. Unfortunately, her theology didn't get much deeper than that.

If you'd like to get the full effect of this gem of a song, watch this!

5 comments:

  1. It's a cute song. And not a bad way to remember your mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg... I CAN'T get that song out of my HEAD now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! It's a catchy little tune. Have fun with it. Change the words or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about you but that litte one kind of looked like a little monkey to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe... I thought the SAME THING with him scampering around... lol

    ReplyDelete