Monday, May 23, 2011

"Deconverts" Chat this Sunday

Ok, I've scheduled the first chat for this Sunday at 1pm Eastern time. (noon Central, 11am Mountain, 10am Pacific).

Please consider joining us this once and we'll see how it goes! Please pass this message on to other deconverts you know who might be interested. Post it on your blog perhaps.

What's this all about?

  • It's for people who at one time were sincere evangelical believers, but now are struggling with doubts.
  • It's meant to give us a forum to be free with our thoughts, finding acceptance and encouragement.
  • It's a small attempt to recreate the "fellowship" that is ever-present in evangelical circles.
  • It may be a way for us to better love one another. (Although there is no such thing as love because we're all just a random collection of atoms, lol.)
I'd love to have you join us! Please help spread the word.

To join the chat, just go to http://www.chatzy.com/269828013784 and choose a user name. That's it!

By the way, you can go in the room any time you want, as long as it's used for this general purpose. You may find one of us hanging out in there! You never know.

7 comments:

  1. I have company coming this weekend so I wouldn't be able to call, but in the future I would be interested in calling in.

    But I don't know if I qualify. I am everything you described, a serious believer come serious doubter with much psychological pain . . . but I went one step further and no longer believe. I am now a very content and happy non-believer (eh, okay I haven't actually come out to my family; it's just me and my wonderful wife that share are new life in reality).

    Anyway, though I lived you uncertain life for many many years I sort of our now so I don't know if I'm welcome anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete, you're welcome to come if you think the fellowship would be helpful to you.

    One thing I would request though... don't proseltyze! Meaning, let people be where they are in the process. Don't try and convince them to completely deconvert. This is meant to be a place where we can just be ourself and be accepted, not try to find the answer, whatever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a hard time for me as I am usually in the dollar theater at that time on Sunday with my children watching some kid's film. But if I do get a chance I might call in. Don't worry, I won't be trying to convert anyone; I very joyfully left that type of thing go when I left evangelical Christianity. Now I know if people believe something different then me or behave differently I don't have to worry that they will burn for a gazillion years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete, Hopefully you'll be able to join us some day. By the way, you keep saying "calling in." You do know this is online not phone, right?? Of course you do. Just thought I'd mention it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like we've had a few people get into the room ok.

    I'm looking forward to Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got into the room when you weren't looking!

    ReplyDelete