Thursday, May 19, 2011

I need fellowship

When you take matters of faith seriously and you are a Christian, opportunities for fellowship are abundant!

When you take faith seriously, but you are doubting Christianity, where do you go? The First Church of Skeptics, down the block??

That is why so many of us have found a measure of solace in our little online community. At least we know we're not completely alone in this hell.

But, admittedly, it's not as good as the fellowship we're used to.

I have a proposal.

I have a conference call line. How about we set up a time where we could all talk together by phone. I'm thinking a Sunday would be appropriate! lol.

Here's the criteria for who I would like to join me on the call.

  1. At one point in your life you must have been a sincerely believing and practicing evangelical christian.
  2. At the current time you are questioning many of your previous beliefs.
  3. The questioning you are going through is currently causing you psychological/emotional discomfort.
If that describes you, and you might be interested in an experience like this, leave me a comment and we'll discuss it further.

It may go without saying, but to be a participant I would expect a pledge to complete confidentiality/anonymity. It needs to be a safe place. You don't have to use your real name if you don't want to. And if you call in using the privacy feature on your phone (like *67) your phone number won't show up on the call report I get after the call. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea in theory, but talking to a bunch of strangers on the phone may be a bit weird. I would be more interested in a twitter chat. We could have a twitter account for that exclusive purpose. It works for me with tennis.

    I am a die-hard tennis fan, and I have a twitter account that use only for tennis. Many other tennis freaks do the same thing, all over the world. I hang out with them day in and day out, and I really enjoy it.

    Other than my blog readers, my tennis friends are my only source of fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea!

    Check out the chat room I just created! http://www.chatzy.com/269828013784

    ReplyDelete