Friday, March 25, 2011

The devil made me doubt

I was talking about my doubt with the guy who has been my prayer partner for the last few years.

One of the things I was trying to explain to him was the loss of fellowship I was experiencing because of my doubt. I said, "Like, if I was Mormon, and all my friends were Mormon, and then I started questioning Mormon doctrine, my social support network would disintegrate."

He said, "Well, the devil gets us to doubt, and that's why I surround myself with other believers, and Christian activities, to fight off that doubt."

I said, "Does the devil cause Mormons to doubt?"

"No," he said confidently.  "He already got to them."

7 comments:

  1. At least you're off the hook for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'Ma

    Yeah, one thing I don't have to take responsibility for. Now for everything else, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a "doubet" E I, you have already decided.

    Of course, this "doubt" gig is a good way to draw Christians in, and probably more effective that saying you are an atheist...which is itself as irrational a position as any.

    You remind of that twit "Like A Child" who claims to be mom with a Ph.D. who is staying at home...and displays pictures of two cute kids on her blog...but in reality is probably some fat slob in a basement in Kansas City.

    The gig will get old soon enough, as you losers get more and more vicious and the "doubt" cover wears out.

    YOUR PAL, Jimmy Blair, Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLMAO Nothing like that Xian charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, its not working.

    Its already been shown that "Like A Child" does not exist.

    Your pal, Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang Jimmy!

    Me and my minions are going to have to come up with a different plan. You're ON TO US!!

    Your pal, Evangelically Incorrect.

    ReplyDelete